This is a quick how to and tips on how to make bread using kitchen mixer.
I buy the bread mix from ‘All About Bread’ and this is great! Usually a nice light wholemeal or even the sweet breads are yum!
Ingredients (Use the amounts specified on the packages)
- Bread mix
- Water (Warm from the tap is best. Also measure using grams for accuracy. i.e. 100ml = 100g)
- Yeast (sachets or dried)
- Add yeast and flour to mixer and mix for 30 secs using the dough hook. This is just to combine the dry mix.
- Add warm water from the tap as per the directions. Note use a little less at first and add more if required.
- Knead using the dough hook on speed 2 for 7 minutes until smooth, not sticky. Wet dough will cause problems.
- Allow to rise until doubled in size for 1 hour max on a warm day.
- Punch down the dough and shape as required or place in a floured tin.
- Allow to rise again until doubled in size for 45 minutes to 1 hour max
- Bake. For small rolls 60-65g bake at 180 DegC for 25 minutes. For a XL loaf in a tin, bake at 180 DegC for 40 minutes. (The inner temp will be around 190 DegC – measured using a kitchen thermometer)
- Yeast added is around 1% of flour. For example 500g flour, 5g yeast.
- Do not allow dough to rise for too long. This will result in a yeasty tasting bread.