This beef and peanut slow cooker curry is a simple and easy curry that suits my little ones. Not too spicy but has a good flavour. I also avoid salt in these recipes so add to taste if required. Other vegetables that would suit this include red capsicum and potatoes.
- 700g diced steak
- Peanut oil
- 3 small sweet potatoes, diced into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into slices or however you like
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tin baby corn spears
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp red curry paste (if you like it hotter could add 2 tbsp instead!)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice if you have it)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- Steamed rice to serve
- Heat tbsp of peanut oil in frying pan and add diced steak.
- Seal the meat only (do not cook fully) and place in slow cooker.
- Add some more oil to the frying pan and add onions.
- Cook for a few minutes until starting to brown, then add minced garlic, ginger and curry paste.
- Stir for a minute then add coconut milk, sugar, peanut butter and a squirt of lemon juice.
- Stir together and season with salt and pepper if required.
- Place carrots and sweet potatoes in the slow cooker along with the mixture from the frying pan and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. When around 2 hours remaining add chopped cauliflower. When around half an hour remaining add the baby corn. (Adding these vegetables later stops them turning to mush!)
- Serve with steamed rice 🙂