These sultana bran muffins are a quick and reasonably healthy muffin. I always have leftover sultana bran from the bottom of the cereal box, so thought I should try and use it for a change! Makes approx 20 large muffins.
- 120g sultana bran
- 170g plain flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 50g rolled oats
- 150g butter
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 120g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 1 Tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Line muffin tins with papers
- Melt butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in the microwave, until butter is melted and sugar is all combined.
- Add bicarb and water to the butter mixture
- Place the sultana bran, oats, plain flour, cinnamon into a large mixing bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Add butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes until a tester stick comes out clean. Check after 12.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack. If you like eat some warm too 🙂