These are the best chocolate brownies. They are delicious and can be modified as you like with white chocolate or walnuts. They are even delicious with raspberries! Just add in whatever your preference. I like to do half walnuts for me and half white chocolate chips for the kids:)
- 115g butter
- 180 dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 115 brown sugar
- 115g self raising flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
Extra add ins (optional)
- 80g white chocolate chips
- 80g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius fan forced
- Line a slice tray with baking paper
- Melt butter and chocolate slowly in a saucepan over the stove. Using a wooden spoon to stir constantly. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a bowl. Add vanilla, mix until smooth.
- To the eggs and sugar mixture add the slightly cooled chocolate.
- Fold flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and when smooth add in the optional chocolate chips/walnuts.
- Pour mixture into slice tray.
- Bake around 25 minutes until just set and still slightly soft in the centre.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from the tin, cut in squares when cooled.
- Enjoy and try not to eat it all yourself! These are delicious warm or cooled:)
These chickpea brownies are delicious and very easy to make. These days everyone seems to be using some fancy sugar or oil that I don’t have in the pantry. Unfortunately I can’t be bothered buying the latest go to item. So when looking for something healthy but still easy to cook with the basic ingredients in my pantry, I created the following. A bit of this and that and what comes out of the oven is gorgeous and chocolatey! Who would have known that it was healthy too, well almost!
- 400g tin chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs or 3 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa (I like to use some dutch cocoa too)
- 2/3 cup raw sugar (whatever you have around is fine, caster sugar or raw sugar or a mix of both!)
- 2 Tbsp of milk (plus a bit more if required)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melts or chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius fan forced.
- Line a rectangular brownie baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and continue in microwave in 30 sec bursts until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients to a stick mixer bowl and blend together until smooth.
- Add dark chocolate to blended ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Add extra milk as required if its too thick. It should be easy to stir but not too liquidy!
- Pour mixture into tray and cook for 25 minutes or until a tester stick comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool in tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tin and leave on a wire rack to cool
- Cut, serve and enjoy! Delicious warm with a dollop of cream 🙂