This chocolate and zucchini loaf cake is another one of those cakes which have something healthy in there! Granted chocolate is healthy too! ha who am i kidding! But seriously zucchini is always something which is healthy and makes a moist and beautiful bake.
- 130g brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange rind
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 165 plain flour (approx 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini firmly packed with water squeezed out (260g)
- 60g choc bits
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper length ways and spray the ends with oil.
- Sift the cocoa powder, plain flour, baking powder, bicarb into a large mixing bowl, add brown sugar and stir until completely combined and no lumps in the brown sugar.
- Add zucchini and choc bits and combine.
- To a separate bowl, add eggs and lightly beat them. Add oil, vanilla, orange rind. Whisk until combined.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Put the mixture into the loaf tin
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a tester stick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan to cool completely. Is yummy warm too though!