This is a super easy and quick cake. Granted it takes some time to grate the carrot and apple but otherwise is a yummy and moist cake which is quick to make and good for you. Well close to it! Is really lovely without any icing but if you like would be perfect with a cream cheese frosting.
- 300g grated carrot (3 medium carrots)
- 170g grated apple (1 medium red apple)
- 230g rolled oats
- 155g wholemeal plain flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 55g shredded coconut
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 140g apple sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Line a brownie tray with baking paper
- Place the oats, plain flour, brown sugar, coconut, mixed spice into a large mixing bowl and stir until completely combined and no lumps in the brown sugar.
- Add grated carrot and apple and stir until combined completely.
- To a separate bowl, add eggs and lightly beat them. Add apple sauce, canola oil and golden syrup. Whisk until combined.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Put the mixture into the tray and flatten. If you like you can make a few separate “cookies” with the mixture. This can be done by rolling a tablespoon of mixture and flattening slightly onto a separate baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a tester stick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan to cool completely. Is yummy warm too though!