These quick and easy meringues are great! I was in the mood for an easy dessert and I had 2 lemons that needed to be used asap. I just love lemon curd so I thought I would make a quick lemon curd and possibly have this with some vanilla icecream. However why not use up the remaining egg whites to make a quick meringue! Yum! So I made some quick little meringues. They turned out like mini pavlovas. Nice and crunchy how I like it 🙂
- 2 egg whites (From large eggs at room temp)
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- splash vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a whisk attachment whisk the egg whites and pinch salt until soft peaks form. (Note make sure mixing bowl is spotlessly clean!)
- Add sugar a spoon at a time, until just combined.
- After last spoon is added whisk for an extra couple of minutes until thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved fully.
- Add the vanilla extract and fold in gently.
- Place mixture in a piping bag with a Wilton 1M tip and pipe circles onto baking tray.
- Place in oven and reduce temperature to 110 degrees celsius.
- Bake for around 1 hour until the meringues are crisp and the base is hollow (when tapped).
- Turn oven off and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for a couple of weeks. Enjoy!