This creme de menthe cheesecake is my favourite cheesecake of all time! I love the beautiful minty aroma, and the gorgeously soft cheesecake. But also i love the buttery and chocolatey base. Delicious!
I love the way it is so quick and easy to prepare. No bake cheesecakes such as this Creme de Menthe cheesecake are definitely the way to go. They seem so much lighter and not as heavy to eat! I love the chocolate grated through this cheesecake as well. Makes it almost seem like you are eating a bowl of choc mint icecream.
Serves 8-10 generous pieces.
- 200g Chocolate biscuits or cookies (such as Arnotts Choc Ripple for example)
- 100g butter (melted)
- 500g cream cheese (softened)
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml carton cream
- 60g grated dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup Creme de Menthe (72g)
- 1 Tbsp gelatine
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- Line a springform tin with baking paper. (I used a 19cm diameter tin)
- Break up biscuits into crumbs. I use my Kenwood Triblade Mixer with the bowl attachment to blitz the biscuits. This mixer has so many different attachments it’s great! I use the whisk attachment later on to whisk the cream 🙂
- Melt butter in the microwave for a minute
- When melted add biscuits to the butter and combine
- Press the mixture into the tin gently using the back of the spoon to press down
- Place in the fridge to cool
- Meanwhile, beat the softened cream cheese and caster sugar using a paddle beater in your mixer, until combined and smooth
- To a small bowl add the boiling water and sprinkle over the gelatine
- Mix the gelatine into the boiling water and ensure there are no lumps. Either use a whisk or the back of the spoon to get out all those little lumpy bits
- Add the gelatine mixture and creme de menthe to the mixer and beat until combined and the mixture is smooth
- Whisk your cream in a separate bowl and then add this along with the grated dark chocolate to the other ingredients in the mixer bowl. Fold these ingredients in. Do not use the mixer!
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the tin, on top of the biscuit base
- Place back in the fridge to cool, until set. This takes a couple of hours
- Decorate or serve with some additional whipped cream if you like. Although it is gorgeous as it is! Enjoy!