So as per usual I had some bananas getting a bit too ripe. Rather than make a cake or muffin I was thinking something the kids could eat for breakfast and which could make for a good snack for morning tea. So I decided on banana pancakes. To get my daughter to eat them I even added some sprinkles in to a few batches! Alternatively I added a sprinkle of cinnamon to some others 🙂
- 250g Self Raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Tablespoons of raw sugar
- 3 ripe bananas (around 190g when mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add flour, bicarb and sugar to a bowl and whisk together.
- Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, mashed banana and vanilla extract together.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients and mix until just combined. It will be lumpy so do NOT overmix
- Add butter to a pan preheated to medium heat and gently swirl around pan.
- Add scoops of mix to the pan (I use a small icecream scoop to stop it getting messy!)
- At this point I add some sprinkles or a tiny bit of cinnamon (optional)
- Flip pancakes when the bubbles appear and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve warm or allow to cool as you please 🙂